No tools required for the removal and installation of the headlights themselves. However, hooking up the Halos and LEDs will require other tool. Follow the link here for installing the Halos and LEDs.
1. After the hood is open, there are (2) locking pins above the headlights that keeps the headlights in place.
2. Turn the locking pins towards you, and pull them up away from the headlights.
3. Gently pull out the headlights slightly for enough room to reach your hand in and unplug the light bulb harnesses from the headlights.
4. (If you projectors have halo and/or LED, please see my halo and LED knol)
5. Bring over the projector headlights to the original headlight locations, plug back in all the light bulb harnesses removed from earlier.
6. Replace the (2) locking clips that are holding down the projectors.
7. The installation is complete.
8. Please check all lighting for safety.